Please Note: At the conclusion of your program, please download your certificate of attendance AND save it to your computer. At certain times of the year, i.e. : compliance deadline, The SC Commission on CLE & Specialization require you to attach this certificate as well as writing it in on your final compliance report.
How do I log into my account?
Log in to your account by using your SC Bar username and password. If you cannot remember your password, select the “forgot [assword” button. To re-set your password, please do not use these unusual characters # * & % = . ' " as our system does not accept these. If you do not get a response via email about your password, please call Robin Genovese at 803-771-0333, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will send you a new password. If username and passwords are correct, and you are having trouble logging into your account, or you are logged in and cannot complete your purchase, first try a different browser. You may also log out, clear your browser’s cache and log back in. We recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
What if I need to register for a CLE or purchase a book, and I don't have a login?
If you are a law student or non-SC Bar Member and need to register for a CLE program or purchase a publication, you can create an account. To create a new account click here and follow the instructions carefully. Once you have created your account it is advised that you close all browsers and start afresh at www.scbar.org. PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT create a new account if you are a current South Carolina Bar member or a past South Carolina Bar member returning to practice.
When should I register for my live webinar?
We strongly recommend that you pre-register for your Live Webinar no later than 5 p.m. the day before the program.
When should I log in to my account and access my live webinar?
We strongly recommend that you log in to your account and access your program at least 30 minutes before the published start time of your program.
How do I access my live webinar?
Once logged in, Hover over seminars and click access your webcast/certificate. Your screen will pass over to another screen and there will be a Green Button stating Go To My Online Classroom - click on button. From your account profile page, under webcast broadcast today, select “click here.” Click on your program title. You will then be prompted to download your program materials (do this before launching your program). Finally, “launch live webinar.” Your stream will start. Make sure to not close the original browser page, because the original browser page is where you will access your certificate of completion at the end of your program.
I have purchased a live webinar program, am I required to watch the entire program on the date the program is scheduled?
You need to view your entire live webinar program on the date that program is scheduled. Failure to do so may compromise your ability to receive full CLE credit for the program. If you do miss any portion of your Live Webinar, you may view that portion by accessing an archived version in your SC Bar account/Freestone classroom. In order to receive full credit, you must view the entire program, hitting all checkpoints, and retrieve your Certificate of Completion. Only then are we able to report your CLE credit to the SC Commission on CLE and Specialization.
May I pause the program at any time?
No, you cannot pause or stop the program and resume it later. If you exit a Live Webinar before it ends, you will not be able to get any credit unless you have viewed the entire program from the beginning. Thus, you may not “resume” a Live Webinar at a later date. You must contact the CLE Division, get access to the on-demand version of the program, and watch it in its entirety from the beginning.
After the live webinar program starts can I log in at any time?
Yes. But keep in mind, that if you log in and launch your program after the first checkpoint, you will not be able to retrieve your Certificate of Completion until you have viewed the entire program from the beginning. Thus, we strongly recommend that you log in at least 30 minutes before the start of the program and in no case more than 10 minutes after the program begins. If you do not access your Live Webinar in a timely fashion, you must view it later as an on-demand program.
My live webinar program has stopped. What is my solution?
- There is a HELP tab located above your program viewer. Access that tab for technical support options. If you want to speak to customer support, you may call 1-866-702-3278, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Be sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Refresh your browser. To do this click on the circular arrow key in your viewer browser (top left next to the Home button) then once refreshed press the triangular “play” button on your screen. Refreshing does not mean you have left the program, and will not count as leaving the program or affect you receiving credit.
- If your program is still not playing, try switching to a different browser such as Google Chrome, Safari or FireFox. You will need to log back into your Bar account, navigate to your classroom and your program should launch at the point the program stopped.
- Do not switch to a different device. Attendance can only be tracked from a single (original) device. If you have to change your internet source, ie: go from hard wire to WiFi this is not a different device or will not affect credit.
How do I retrieve my certificate of completion?
- You must hit all checkpoints. If you do not hit all checkpoints you will not be able to retrieve your Certificate of Completion. Checkpoints will be preceded by the Big Ben chime and will be on your screen for approximately 90 seconds. Do not watch your program in full screen mode – you will not be able to see the checkpoints if you do. Also, if you have an ad blocker enabled, or other restrictive Internet settings, you may not be able to click on the checkpoints.
- You must watch the program until it is completely finished. If you close the program before it has completely finished you will not be able to retrieve your Certificate of Completion. This is true even if the program exceeds the advertised running time or credit amount. In the bottom left-hand corner of your viewer, you will see a credit submission area. This area will tell you how many and what kind of MCLE credits the program qualifies for, whether and when you have gone through your checkpoint(s), and at the end of the program, you will be provided with a prompt that will signal you are able to submit for your credits and Certificate of Completion. You must wait for that prompt to appear and in some cases, that may take up to 10 minutes after the actual seminar or program has ended. If it does not appear after that timeframe refresh your browser and your credit submission should appear.
- If you have completed the steps above, a prompt will appear in the credit submission area in the bottom left-hand side of your viewer. Select that prompt. You will then be able to access the Certificate of Completion (as long as you entered in the Credit Reporting Orgnization of SC Commission on CLE) by clicking on the certificate icon under “submitted credit.” You may also navigate back to your account profile page, click on the link under manage credit, scroll to “submitted credit” and press the green button next to the title of your program. Your Certificate should appear as a pdf and you may download or print it for your records.
We will also submit a report of your complete attendance to the Commission on CLE and Specialization, but we cannot submit your attendance until you have completed the steps above. By Commission rule, we have 30 days to report your attendance, but as a practical matter, we submit daily reports in February.
Is clicking on the program checkpoints sufficient to ensure that I receive credit for viewing my program?
No. In order for us to report your full credits, you must not only click on all program checkpoints, but you must also retrieve your Certificate of Completion, which will be available only at the conclusion of the program.
What are the rules and limitations for Alternative Delivered Medium programming?
View the complete set of rules that are outlined by the SC Supreme Court Commission on CLE & Specialization. You can only take 8.0 credit hours per compliance period via ADM; all other hours must be live hours. A live webinar DOES NOT count as live hours and are considered ADM hours. You cannot carry over more than 8.0 ADM credit hours to the following compliance period.
Why is my live webinar course not showing as completed on the SC Commission's website?
We send a weekly report to the Commission on CLE detailing completion of SC Bar CLE online programs. During February, we send daily reports. Please keep in mind that it takes time for the Commission to update their system (which is not connected with SC Bar). If you have questions about your MCLE status, please contact the SC Commission on CLE & Specialization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-799-5578.
How can I receive CLE credit in a jurisdiction outside of South Carolina for viewing an SC Bar CLE program?
- Check with the other jurisdiction to see whether the SC Bar CLE Division is an accredited provider in that jurisdiction. If so, check to see whether your program has already been accredited.
- Find out whether the type of program is available for accreditation in that jurisdiction. For instance, some jurisdictions do not accept SC Bar CLE programs on law office management, marketing, or mental health.
- Determine what paperwork/forms and payments you must provide to the other jurisdiction (for example, program agenda, speaker bios, course materials, Certificate of Completion, etc.). Note: We are unable to submit individual programs for credit in jurisdictions outside of South Carolina.
Is financial aid available for SC Bar CLE programs?
Yes. The South Carolina Bar Foundation administers the Ronnie Cole Scholarship, a needs-based scholarship available to SC Bar members in good standing and may be used only for SC Bar CLE programs. View more details or contact the SC Bar Foundation at 803-765-0517.
Does SC Bar have Closed-Captioning Within Their Webinar programs?
You can set your browser-based settings to display closed-captioning. Chrome, Safari and Edge are the only browser options at this time. To get full information to change that within your own browser-based setting please click here.
For additional questions email email@example.com.