How do I log into my account?
Log in to your account by using your SC Bar username and password. If you cannot remember your password, select the “forgot password” button. To re-set your password, please do not use these unusual characters # * & % = . ' " as our system does not accept these. If you do not get a response via email about your password, please call Robin Genovese at 803-771-0333, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will send you a new password. If username and passwords are correct, and you are having trouble logging into your account, or you are logged in and cannot complete your purchase, first try a different browser. You may also log out, clear your browser’s cache and log back in. We recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
How do I access my on-demand program?
Once you are logged in, hover over on-demand CLE, select access your program/Certificate. Your screen will pass over to another screen and there will be a Green Button stating Go to Freestone Account - click on button. From your account profile page, “click here to proceed to your classroom.” Under on-demand programs, click on the title of your program. You may then download your program materials and launch your program. When you launch your program, your video will appear in a new viewer browser. On-demand programs are accessed via “click here to proceed to your classroom.” Your program title will then appear. Click on the title to launch.
I have purchased an on-demand program. Is there a time limit in which to access and complete the program?
You have 30 days from the purchase date to access and complete your program before expiration; no exceptions.
May I pause the program at any time?
If you are viewing an on-demand program, you may pause the course at any time (note: if you pause for more than 10 minutes, the program will automatically start from the beginning and you cannot fast forward). Therefore, if you need a longer break stop the program. Restart your program by clicking the resume button or fast forward (drag your viewing button) to the point where you hit the last checkpoint and your program will pick up from there.
My on-demand program has stopped. What is my solution?
- Be sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Click on your browser’s refresh button. Then click on the triangular “play” button on your screen.
- If your program is still not playing, try switching to a different browser such as Google Chrome, Safari or FireFox. You will need to log back into your Bar account, navigate to your classroom and your program should launch at the point the program stopped.
- Do not switch to a different device. Attendance can only be tracked from a single (original) device.
- If you’re still experiencing audio or video technical issues, you may email email@example.com or call 1-866-702-3278.
How do I retrieve my certificate of completion?
- You must hit all checkpoints. If you do not hit all checkpoints you will not be able to retrieve your Certificate of Completion. Checkpoints will be preceded by the Big Ben chime and will be on your screen for approximately 90 seconds. Do not watch your program in full screen mode – you will not be able to see the checkpoints if you do. Also, if you have an ad blocker enabled or other restrictive Internet settings, you may not be able to click on the checkpoints.
- You must watch the program until it is completely finished. If you close the program before it has completely finished you will not be able to retrieve your Certificate of Completion. This is true even if the program exceeds the advertised running time or credit amount. On the left side of your viewer, you will see a credit submission area. This area will tell you how many and what kind of MCLE credits the program qualifies for, whether and when you have clicked on your checkpoint(s), and at the end of the program will provide you with a prompt that will signal that you are able to submit for your credits and Certificate of Completion. If it does not appear after that timeframe refresh your browser and your credit submission should appear.
- If you have completed the steps above, a prompt will appear in the credit submission area in the left side of your viewer. Click on that prompt. You will then be able to access the Certificate of Completion by clicking on the certificate icon under “submitted credit.” You may also navigate back to your account profile page, click on the link under manage credit, scroll to “submitted credit” and click on the green button next to the title of your program. Your certificate should appear as a pdf and you may download or print it for your records.
Is clicking on the program checkpoints sufficient to ensure that I receive credit for viewing my program?
No. In order for us to report your full credits, you must not only click on all program checkpoints, but you must also retrieve your Certificate of Completion, which will be available only at the conclusion of the program.
What are the rules and limitations for Alternative Delivered Medium programming?
Here are the complete set of rules that are outlined by the SC Supreme Court Commission on CLE & Specialization. As of June 16, 2020, order 2020-000447, the Supreme Court has waived the requirement that lawyers and judges complete any in-person CLE hours for the 2020-2021 MCLE Compliance Year. All 14 annually required MCLE credits may be completed through online or telephonic programs. By separate order the Court also waived the in-person requirement for the Essentials Series programs. Please note that neither order waives the restriction on carrying forward online and telephone credit.
Chief Justice Donald Beatty sent this June 15 memo detailing further guidance regarding lawyer and judicial disciplinary matters during the COVID19 pandemic. This amended guidance will remain in effect until modified or rescinded by order of the Chief Justice. Read the full order.
Why is my on-demand course not showing as completed on the SC Commission's website?
A weekly report is sent to the Commission on CLE detailing completion of SC Bar CLE online programs. During February, we send daily reports. Please keep in mind that it takes time for the Commission to update their system (which is not connected with the SC Bar). If you have questions about your MCLE status, please contact the SC Commission on CLE & Specialization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-799-5578.
How can I receive CLE credit in a jurisdiction outside of South Carolina for viewing an SC Bar CLE Program?
- Check with the other jurisdiction to see whether the SC Bar CLE Division is an accredited provider in that jurisdiction. If so, check to see whether your program has already been accredited.
- Find out whether the type of program is available for accreditation in that jurisdiction. For instance, some jurisdictions do not accept SC Bar CLE programs on law office management, marketing, or mental health.
- Determine what paperwork/forms and payments you must provide to the other jurisdiction (for example, program agenda, speaker bios, course materials, Certificate of Completion, etc.). Note: We are unable to submit individual programs for credit in jurisdictions outside of SC.
Is financial aid available for SC Bar CLE programs?
Yes. The South Carolina Bar Foundation administers the Ronnie Cole Scholarship, a needs-based scholarship available to SC Bar members in good standing and may be used only for SC Bar CLE programs. Contact the SC Bar Foundation online or at 803-765-0517 for more information.
Are on-demand seminars Closed Captioned for the hearing impaired?
On-demand programs may be closed captioned on a requested basis for a fee.
For additional questions email email@example.com.